Friday, June 21, 2013

Gnome Dollhouse Update

I realized I never posted pics of my Gnome Dollhouse that I made out of a formula can. I am super proud of how this turned out. I still have a few details to add, but here's what I have so far.

Edited to add: Actually, I've done more work than this but apparently I haven't taken any new pictures. Adding that to my To Do list and will post asap.

  WIP: Gnome Dollhouse

I added leaves for a roof and a door that opens. I still have to make some kind of closure for the door because it won't stay open on its own. I also plan on adding vines or moss to the stone.

WIP: Gnome Dollhouse

Here is a close up of the door. I glued toothpicks to the door. I had some rope looking yellow ribbon that I glued on top of the toothpicks. I then painted the entire door one color.

WIP: Gnome Dollhouse

Here is the entire. I used actual sticks from my yard to make the ladder. I made wooden planks out of Popsicle sticks. The dollhouse is two story. The top floor will be the bedroom and the bottom door is a tiny kitchen and dining room. I've already made a built-in kitchen and a table, but those aren't in the picture.

WIP: Gnome Dollhouse 

Here's a close up of the bed. It's not a working bed. Everything is glued down. I made the quilt out of one of my husband's shirts that had gotten a huge stain on it. The stripes were close enough together to work for a mini quilt. I used a piece of lace for the bed skirt. And, toothpicks were used to make the headboard.

WIP: Gnome Dollhouse 

Here is a close up of the ceiling. I wanted the look of planks, so I used dowel rods to mimic that look.

WIP: Gnome Dollhouse

And, another close up of the bed and bedside table.

I'll try to post some new pictures soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment